Checkpoint SL 5 is a carbon gravel bike made for epic all-road adventures. It's built with a Shimano GRX drive train and hydraulic disc brakes, but the defining feature of this model is the lightweight OCLV Carbon frame with IsoSpeed, a decoupler at the top tube/seat tube junction that provides additional compliance over rough terrain so you can stay stronger for longer.
Chamois or cut-off shorts, bikepacking trip or brutal day of gravel racing – you're going to ride far, go fast and have a great time. You'd rather spend your money on a lightweight carbon frame than a top-of-the-line drive train, but you still expect your workhorse gravel bike to perform. You want a bike that's both fast and comfortable, and you want endless carrying options for gravel races and everyday adventures.
A 500 Series OCLV Carbon frame with Rear IsoSpeed and rack and mudguard mounts, a 2x11 Shimano GRX drive train with lower gears for grinding up hills or through rough gravel, hydraulic disc brakes for all-condition stopping power, wide 700x40c gravel tyres for added stability and traction, and a vibration-absorbing handlebar.
Light, fast, comfortable. Checkpoint SL 5 is a carbon gravel bike that nails this trifecta. A quality group set, massive tyre clearance, options for carrying gear, an OCLV Carbon frame with IsoSpeed and a ride quality that can't be matched.
- The IsoSpeed decoupler cuts down on fatiguing bumps in gravel so you can wander more, reach new places and stay stronger for longer
- This bike is exceedingly versatile and suited to a wide variety of riding styles, including gravel rides, bikepacking and daily commutes
- Extra mounts on the top tube, seat tube and both sides of the down tube make it easy to carry extra gear and water
- Massive tyre clearance means you can use tyres up to 45 c for extra traction and stability in any conditions
- The Stranglehold Dropout makes it easy to fine-tune your geometry or run singlespeed
We reserve the right to make changes to the product information contained on this site at any time without notice, including with respect to equipment, specifications, models, colours, and materials.